January 2007 – present: Freelance Writer/Editor
- Recent editorial clients: ConsumerReports, Shondaland, AARP, HerMoney, Considerable, Bankrate, CNBC.com, CreditCards.com, CNNMoney.com, WebMd
- Contributor to Go Banking Rates
- Recent content marketing work: Glenmede, Fabric, TIAA, MemoryWell, Steady
- Recent sponsored content clients: Meredith, Bloomberg, XO Group, Pensions & Investments, Quartz
- White papers: Folio, Sage Payment Solutions
- Social media clients: Nasdaq
- Ghostwrite and edit short and long-form content, thought leadership, social media posts, and marketing emails for several high-profile brands/executives.
- Advise financial services companies and startups on creating an editorial strategy to grow their audience, drive engagement, and establish influence.
May 2018-present: Finalist. New York, N.Y.
- Director of content for HR tech startup that’s focused on in-house recruiting
- Oversee all content for the company blog and social media
- Understand the business needs and create an editorial strategy to support them
September 2017-May 2018
- Researcher/Reporter – Collaborated with journalist/author Jean Chatzky on her latest book, Women with Money: The Judgment-Free Guide to Creating the Joyful, Less Stressed, Purposeful (and, Yes, Rich) Life
June 2013-May 2015: The Fiscal Times, New York, N.Y.
- Senior Editor for the Life + Money section. Covered key financial topics that affect people and their families, including retirement, education, health care, investing, real estate, taxes, careers and retail.
- Wrote, edited, and produced five or more stories a day, with the help of freelancers and curated content.
- Conceived and commissioned pieces, and worked with writers to develop them.
- Maintained a balance of quick 300-500 word news posts, longer, educational explainers, provocative features, and entertaining slideshows. Promoted all content via social media.
- Helped with copy editing, fact checking and production.
- Worked appeared in syndication at Yahoo Finance, MSN Money, CNBC.com, Business Insider, Inc.com LearnVest, The Week, and others.
March 2009-June 2013: Money (Time, Inc.), New York, N.Y.
- Promoted to social media editor/senior reporter from reporter in April 2012 at 2 million-circulation monthly personal finance magazine.
- Provided strategic oversight to refine and grow MONEY’s social media presence. Increased following on Twitter by 185% (to 59,000) and on Facebook by 103% (to 24,000).
- Generated all content for MONEY’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and Storify profiles, bringing in-book content to life via new media.
- Pitched, researched, reported and wrote features/cover stories, department leads and short pieces for the front of the book.
- Served as lead reporter and data analyst on Best Places to Live package; managed interns and handled press inquiries following launch.
July 2008-January 2009: Financial Week (Crain Communications), New York, N.Y.
- Reporter covering real estate, insurance and risk management for weekly issues of award-winning, 55,000-circulation newspaper with readership of chief financial officers and other decision-level financial executives.
- Wrote at least two 1,000-word news analysis pieces per week. Stories chronicled the federal rescue of American International Group; the decline in commercial mortgage-backed securities; and the impact of layoffs and slowing consumer spending on commercial real estate markets.
- Generated daily stories for Financial Week’s Web site and daily newsletter.
- Cultivated sources within beat, attended industry conferences and followed relevant companies’ financial filings.
July 2004-July 2007: National Jeweler (Nielsen Business Media), New York, N.Y.
- Promoted to senior associate editor from associate editor in January 2006
- Wrote five 800-word news analysis stories, a one- to three-page fashion section and 2,500-word features for monthly issues of 33,000-circulation trade magazine. Topics included best practices, market forecasts, business profiles, international business trends, and gem/metal prices.
- Attended trade shows, conferences, and fashion shows throughout the United States, Europe and Asia.
- Composed roughly 15 briefs per week for National Jeweler’s Web site, daily newsletter and blog.
August 2002- July 2004: The Express-Times (Newhouse News Service), Easton, Pa.
- Promoted to education reporter from municipal reporter in May 2003.
- Developed education beat covering more than 35 school districts in two states for 50,000-circulation daily paper.
- Researched/wrote six to 10 stories per week on state/federal education laws, other issues affecting local schools.
- Served as general assignment reporter, as needed; manned the police beat once a week; regularly generated Sunday package and feature stories.
January-May 2002: Contributing writer, The Post-Standard (Newhouse News Service), Syracuse, N.Y.
September 2001-May 2002: News editor/writer, Equal Time (Syracuse University), Syracuse, N.Y.
Summer 2001: Intern, Woman & Home (IPC Media), London, England
June – December 2000: Staff writer, The Intelligencer (Calkins Newspapers), Horsham, Pa.
January – May 2000: Staff writer, The Daily Orange (Syracuse University), Syracuse, N.Y.
2008: Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, M.A. in business/economics reporting
2002: S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University, B.S. in newspaper journalism – Graduated in three years, magna cum laude; reported for Daily Orange, held multiple internships
2009 Society of American Business Editors and Writers Best in Business Award for breaking news, weekly newspaper
2008 New York Financial Writers Association Scholarship
2006 Best Single Article, Jesse H. Neal Award, American Business Media, 1st place, for revenue $3 million to $7 million
2006 Best Original Research, American Society of Business Publication Editors, Gold Award, New York Region
2003 Reporting and Writing, Robert P. Kelly Award, New Jersey Press Association, 2nd place for circulation under 60,000
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST